06 cummins injector rattle ??

STROKETHISF350

I repinned my harness and installed and 06 ecm to run efi live and since I did the truck has a bad rattle that happens at idle to about 2k rps. There are no codes and it runs smooth. When I had the 04 ecm the engine didn't have such a bad rattle, it sounds like kind of like when you unplug the FCA but not quite as dramatic. I checked the balance rates on the injectors and they are all good most are .5 to 1.5 does anyone have any idea what the problem could be. thanks in advance for the help.

I know its dumb but did you check the injector line holders. Im not 100% sure what you mean by injector rattle.

06 ecm in a 04? Does EFI wipe the ecm clean and reinstall what you want? Or does it modify the factory tune? If the latter then they are not compatible the pistons and injectors are different and use a different injection sequence. I hope others can explain this better.

Yes an 06 and harness on an 04 engine, and as long as you match the pistons and injector nozzels it doesn't matter which one you use as the ecm doesn't care either way. It has the "injector rattle" on both stock and with a tune.Efi live IS a tune tool just like smarty and others but far superseeds them
06 ecm in a 04? Does EFI wipe the ecm clean and reinstall what you want? Or does it modify the factory tune? If the latter then they are not compatible the pistons and injectors are different and use a different injection sequence. I hope others can explain this better.

04 has two injection events that pilot and main and 06 has three injection event that's pilot and main along post. It sound like the pilot is cutout too early in rpm vs rail psi range

Back