06 Ecu 03 truck

blowin smoke 03

What would be involved in putting an 06 ECU in an 03 to allow EFI Live software???Thanks for the help.

Good gosh man, for the love of all things holy SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH!!! Their is at least one person that I know of who has done the swap. He might chime in, he might not. Till then, search!

Edit: I stand corrected, he is running a stand alone PCM from an 06. Not sure what you'r doing but this information may be of no use to you now.
06 ecm pin locations for standalone - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I found that in about 12 minutes while cooking and typing with one hand.. Just saying.

Last edited:
I was told you need an 06 PCM and harness to make it work. No idea what differences there are on the harnesses

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Need PCM, wiring harness, and acclerator pedal. Very costly to do the switch. I was looking into it myself for my 03 pull truck all parts listed about it going to be $800 to $1500, Then you got to purchase efi live and then take time to swap truck over in if you dont have time or tools you have that cost. Not work the effort in my eyes give them a year or so in just buy the tuning.

I got $45 wraped up it my swap so far for pin removal tools. I can talk to ecm but haven't tried to start it cause I'm waiting on non related modification so its going real slow. Bad thing bout waiting is their not even sure it can be done with SCI and if it can then the early ecm are like dinosaurs compared to the CAN ones. I didn't want to take the chance or being a year or two behind.

Spray & Pray

How is the functionality of the truck afterwards? I imagine that the 06 ECM wont communicate with the PCM and your dash is going to be all nice and lit up...

I would love to hear from someone that has completed the swap firsthand. I have never had the chance. I've been told a ton of different ways that "supposedly" work.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

I'm going for standalone so the dash is obsolete. I never hooked any of those wires back up to the ecm. Gauge cluster is getting removed and that spot will house my laptop. Mine is not complete but so far so good. I'm sure ill battle some apps issues. Well know soon enough I hope. Thanks Jake.

Spray & Pray

That's all fine and well for a puller, like yourself, but a good part of people are going to want to retain the functionality of their truck.

Let's take this one step further.... Say we take a cluster and PCM from a CAN truck, how far are we going to get before we lose function?

Need PCM, wiring harness, and acclerator pedal. Very costly to do the switch. I was looking into it myself for my 03 pull truck all parts listed about it going to be $800 to $1500, Then you got to purchase efi live and then take time to swap truck over in if you dont have time or tools you have that cost. Not work the effort in my eyes give them a year or so in just buy the tuning.

Money is not concern and i can swap myself,I'm not waiting on the software because no matter the software and memory,speed,and the times able to flash will always be junk with the 03-05 ecu,so skipping all those problems for later.

I would love to hear from someone that has completed the swap firsthand. I have never had the chance. I've been told a ton of different ways that "supposedly" work.

---

Contact Chase at Fleece he has done a few of these.

Still trying....called and emailed Fleece with no return or luck their,figured out how to do the Ecu but still working on the cluster to figure out the gauges.

Still trying....called and emailed Fleece with no return or luck their,figured out how to do the Ecu but still working on the cluster to figure out the gauges.

Mind sharing the ecu info? I'm doing a cummins convo so my speedo reads from my ford ECM.