06 f350 major problems

rmc5043

Heres a question looking for some input... A buddy of mine has a 6.0 with just over a hundred thousand miles and called me asking to post something for him. He said that his truck is being hte biggest piece of sh*t ever.
Problems
-Overheating almost instantly not at idle but before he gets to the end of the driveway as soon as the main fan engages the aux fan also engages.
-Smoking like a bear under load yet making the same amount of boost that he used to.
-The antrifreeze looks to be normal not burnt or goopy
-Truck is completely powerless when he drove it to the end of the driveway today it overheated so he turned around and went back and it wouldnt even go up the hill in the driveway.
-Check engine light on all the time but cant make it to autozone
He has been pulling a thirty foot gooseneck with the truck since he bought it in 05 but it is an 06 so the truck has seen its fair share of work
he usually pulls about 8000 pounds.

I was thinking wastegate sticking, pcm, or blown up? needing feedback
worst part about it is that hes just out of warranty
Thanks *bdh*

My buddy lives in Pittsburgh PA and cant even drive it to work.

waterpump would be my guess when the the fans kick on do to overheating the truck looses more then 25 percent of its power from that. the vgt turbo uses veins not a wastegate but does not sound like a sticky turbo issue. so im kinda lost on it as well.

well he is going to take it to get look at ... i was just wondering out there that had any ideas or what he may be looking at to replace

sounds like a multitude of issues, egr system plugged? water pump failure...
See if his dealer can do an induction cleaning of his entire EGR system...makes em run like scalded monkeys again.

Ya i called a buddy down at my school last night that is a diesel mechaninc and he said that he thinks that it might be partly an egr problem

Back