06 Fuel leak from tank

RNicol

Growin them Bushels !
I filled my truck up full this morning, and i drove about 55 miles. When I parked and got out, I noticed a puddle under my fuel tank in the snow. It has never done this before, and I wasn't sure what it would be. Granted, it was pretty cold this morning, but i don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. It's hard to tell exactly where it's leaking now due to the wet roads. If anyone has a clue at what this would be, please let me know. Thanks!

Could be the return line on the tank. I had to get my sending unit replaced this summer. Was doing the same thing on the wife's 06. Do you have a aftermarket pump on it?

Could be the return line on the tank. I had to get my sending unit replaced this summer. Was doing the same thing on the wife's 06. Do you have a aftermarket pump on it?

I do not have an aftermarket pump on it, and it seems to start leaking when the truck is started so I'd say it's a good possibility it is a return issue.

It turns out the leak is in the supply line that comes from the fuel tank. Bed was pulled and top of the tank was dry. I thought it might be dripping from the lines between the frame and the fuel tank, so i dropped the tank, and in the supply line I found a pin hole in the direct top of the line. Not sure how this happened, it looks like a perfect hole. Now I gotta think about how I should fix it... With a stock fuel pump, it should only run at about 12psi. Think I could just cut the line and splice it with a rubber hose and hose clamps?? Or should I opt to a new factory line or possibley just do a fass pump when it's all off? Let me know what you guys think.

Back