'06 loosing Boost

Bobus

Powerstroked
Drove My '06 this morning and when and running 65-70 i'm making 20-30 PSI boost pulling some long hills, but i noticed that i would get a lose of power every now and then accompanied by lose of Turbo whistle, and my boost guage would drop to 0. If i let off the Accel Pedal and pushed it back down i would get it back and it would be ok for a few moments and happen again... Is my EGR valve hung open a bit? Turbo Vanes sticking? VGT Actuator malfunctioning? Any help would be great

My truck does it everyonce in a while if im pully a decent load up hills. I to would like to know the problem. Ive looked by boots over pretty good but thats not to say there isnt a rip.

I looked over my Boots, There isn't any Tears in the boots that I can see, and all seem to be on tight..

How would I crack Intercooler? Most i have seen is 40ish PSI

I would check the EGR valve as well. Its pretty quick and simply to do.

When my EGR valve was plugged SOLID I had I guess similar problems but mostly from off idle. I would get back in it and have zero boost and put out a bunch of smoke then all of a sudden it would shoot back into boost and clear up. Cleaned up the valve and got things working good again.

Just a thought, but check the connector for the VGT Solenoid and make sure that it is good and tight. Chris

Back