06 lots of blow by and rough idle

billywj

HI guys this is my first post on here and i need some help...

I got a 06 with 160000 miles on it and its got a ton of blow by and when
cold it has a very rough idle..Also pullin a misfire code on number 1...

what could be wrong

If i do a rebuild what do you guy think of steel pistons

You have a bad injector! Or worse! A meltedpiston or burnt valve. If you can afford steel Monotherms than just have a race shop tear it down!

Well i pulled the head today and can't see anything wrong with any of the pistons or valves could it be rings

Does anyone no what steel piston cost cant really find anything on them

Does anyone no what steel piston cost cant really find anything on them

Cost is not cheap but if you think about it, it could save you money in the long run...

$500 per hole ( Piston, Pin, Rings, and Clips )

Ill motion for broken rings also. I just pulled ANOTHER 05 apart last week for the same issues you did with yours. Everything looked good for the most part so I ran the block to the machine shop to have it deglazed. They tore it down and found every single cylinder was egg shaped. Bored it .20 over with all new bearings, pistons, gaskets etc for under 3000.

If ya need parts just send Snedge on here a PM. You wont find better deals on genuine Cummins parts!

If you decide you want a cheap fix I have a good running engine that I would sell. It has 75hp injectors and a 6.7 cp3 and over 200,000mi. The motor is in the pickup so you could see it run.

I pulled the motor and have a grove in number 1 so its off to the machine shop going 1 mil over new injectors twins a port job on the head and head studs

Back