06 no communication with ecm, will not crank help!!

STROKETHISF350

bought an 06 3500 with a bad engine and just finished putting another engine in it, when I turn the key on I do not hear the injectors firing and can got get efi live to connect to the ecm. it also not crank over and when you put it in the start position all the lights in the dash stay on, please help I have no clue where to start . thanks in advance
btw the ecm does have 12v on the 50 pin connector at pins 30&40

also I just checked I have 12v to pin 20 of the 50 pin connector at the ecm which is the ignition power

Check ALL of the fuses in the fusebox/TIPM.
Make sure you have all connections made and grounds solidly in place, too.
Check connections at the transmission, as well.

Mark.

See if you can access the obd II if no communication go under the hood at the big connector and hold it in while someone try's to crank it I had the exact same problem the tabs broke on the way out and it didn't grab to push it in all the way when I plugged it in

Check ALL of the fuses in the fusebox/TIPM.
Make sure you have all connections made and grounds solidly in place, too.
Check connections at the transmission, as well.

Mark.
Is the only fusebox the one under the hood? I can not find any others also where is the tipm. I think I have the injectors firing, I didn't have a good ground on the big wire that goes from the ecm connector to the battery also what other grounds should I look at and is there a specific diagram of where they should be placed

See if you can access the obd II if no communication go under the hood at the big connector and hold it in while someone try's to crank it I had the exact same problem the tabs broke on the way out and it didn't grab to push it in all the way when I plugged it in
When I plug my v2 into the obd2 port I have power but when I try to connect to the truck it can't find it, the big connector on the firewall seems to pull all the way in but I can check tomorrow

I'm almost certain it's the big connector on the fire wall keep us updated I had power to my obdII but wouldn't communicate same thing

Okay I'll give that big connector a shot when I get off work, does the ecm command the starter solenoid to energize?

Snedge don't know if it helps of not but there's a red light next to the coolant temp gauge that stays on when the key is in the run position

Snedge don't know if it helps of not but there's a red light next to the coolant temp gauge that stays on when the key is in the run position

The ECM needs to match the truck.
If you have the ECM that was originally in the truck use that one. If not you'll need to have the replacement ECM calibrated.

The TIPM commands the starter to crank, not the ECM.
Is the TIPM the original or has it been replaced?
If this is a manual trans truck, check that the clutch interlock switch is plugged in.

Even if it doesn't have the correct ECM, or if the SKIM is wrong, the truck should still crank, fire for a few revolutions, then kill.

Mark.

The TIPM commands the starter to crank, not the ECM.
Is the TIPM the original or has it been replaced?
If this is a manual trans truck, check that the clutch interlock switch is plugged in.

Even if it doesn't have the correct ECM, or if the SKIM is wrong, the truck should still crank, fire for a few revolutions, then kill.

Mark.

Correct. It should still communicate with the v2 as well.

Back