06 no communication with ecm, will not crank help!!

The ECM needs to match the truck.
If you have the ECM that was originally in the truck use that one. If not you'll need to have the replacement ECM calibrated.
I believe its the original ecm I do have another 06 ecm but I don't think that would make a difference

The TIPM commands the starter to crank, not the ECM.
Is the TIPM the original or has it been replaced?
If this is a manual trans truck, check that the clutch interlock switch is plugged in.

Even if it doesn't have the correct ECM, or if the SKIM is wrong, the truck should still crank, fire for a few revolutions, then kill.

Mark.

I believe its the original fuse box, the truck is an automatic and its weird that the v2 turns on but cannot find the vehicle, I don't even know where to start with it, I tested all the power and grounds to the ecm and everything checks good as far as I can tell

No. If you have can + & - and the ECM is powered I'll it should detect it. Have you verified the ECM is powering up. It could be power or ground not causing it to power up. I'm leaning towards you don't have a wire hooked up or the tipm is shot. Make sure the ground strap coming out of the harnesses near the ECM plugs is fastened to the block and the power harness is going to the post on the tipm. Also theirs a fusable link in then ECM power harness wire that could be faulty if I remember correctly.

Yeah Mine still cranked over just wouldn't fire and u have the yellow 1 pin connector on the drive side fire wall connected and the ecm year should be on the ecm make sure it matches the trucks year if it does there is still a possibility it needs flashed to your vin

well guys I found the problems, as far as the no communication with efi live my problem was the ground to the block by the ecm and the no crank was because someone had the trans in first gear and I didn't realize It because they also broke the shifter cable thanks everyone for the help hopefully I can get this thing together now

We appreciate you coming back with what you found.
It's a PITA when it's more or less self inflicted, ain't it? LOL

Mark.

Self inflicted always seems to be how it is for me lol that what happens when you get in a hurry but she's comin along
cbd7c0e6b7503fe93753c941230c824a.jpg

Back