06 no crank

Texas_outlaw

06 Mega 6spd 2wd. Truck had to be pull started to get home, clicking from starter solenoid when trying to start and then nothing after about 4 tries. No power to the yellow/gray signal wire to starter when key is in startn position. I understand all of the TIPM issues and figured I will bypass it until I get this issue solved.*

Batteries at 12.7v, all powers and grounds have good clean connections and no deteriorated cables. B+ present at starter post and when jumping signal wire all I get is an arc with no starter engagement. Replaced starter, retested and recieved same results. Bench tested original starter at work today and it works flawless. WTF.

Only thing at this point that pisses me off is its sitting there with a full tank. Any help is appreciated as I am bald and have no hair to pull out.

If your jumping directly at the starter and have no engagement you have a severe loss of ground! It's just not possible to close the circuit with 12v at the power wire the crank wire completes the circuit it HAS to flow thru UNLESS THERE IS A LOSS OF GROUND! When you tested for power at the starter where did you put the ground? On the block?
Was the key on? Did you jump the terminal and not the body by mistake? This is one weird issue that goes against the laws of electricity! Double check your grounds on the block.

Well I used buffer pads on the block grounds this time instead of a wire brush and scotch brite pads. Fired right up when jumping the signal wire. Now its time to find me a fancy TIPM bypass for the starter circuit. Thank you for the reply!

Back