06 twins and codes

billywj

K i just got my head studs and twins done today went for a drive and the check engine light comes on it pulled a wastegate code how do i get ride of this and do i need a boost fooler

Either need a Smarty and select "Wastegate OFF"

or a Wastegate fooler....Basically a plug the fills the spot where your electronic WG used to plug in to the harness...

Boost Fooler will be ness. as well for the extra boost you'll be pushing...

I'm running a bully dog right now want to go to a smarty real soon

Do you no who sells the wastegate fooler

Got mine from Jeff Garmon a LONG time ago.. And I'm not sure where he got it..

Do a search...

I'm sure there are a few companies that have that little thing..Get the Smarty, You'll love it..

I'm running a bully dog right now want to go to a smarty real soon

Do you no who sells the wastegate fooler

get on bd diesel website and look in the installation manuals and get the part# and order one from them

Either need a Smarty and select "Wastegate OFF"

or a Wastegate fooler....Basically a plug the fills the spot where your electronic WG used to plug in to the harness...

Boost Fooler will be ness. as well for the extra boost you'll be pushing...

turning the wastegate off on the smarty will not get rid of the code...

My problem is my truck will only build 25 pounds of boost then it just shuts down would the waste
Be causing the problem? Could it be something else?

I did a search last night and came up empty going to ran over to II today and see if they have both

I never had a problem with the wastegate code causing low boost... but I got tired of looking at the light, so I plugged in a wastegate solenoid.

the lack of boost fooler will shut down the party, but it shouldn't be doing so at 25psi :confused:

First things first - I am assuming you now have an external wastegate? If so, did you leave the old solenoid attached so your truck 'thinks' you still have an electronic one? If not, you need to get the resistor to FOOL your ECM into believeing you have the solenoid. You can buy the 'plug' or you can make one using a 100 ohm-1/4 watt resistor. You jump across the two wires with the resistor, it acts as feedback. The light WITH codes is usually the resistor/solenoid not getting feedback that is expected. If you install the resistor plug and you still get the light with codes, then you need to increase the resistor value.

When you get the MIL light and no codes, that says you need a boost fooler. There are several co's out there that make them, pretty much all the same, I have a Quadzilla boost fooler, it's doing the job, no more mil light.

It takes 5-6 key starts/runs for the light to go out. Of course, if you are not running a fooler, it will return when you cross the 42-43 lbs of boost again. On the 2006's, some have gotten the light and codes at 35-36 lbs of boost, so the boost value is not etched in stone with regard to what sets what off and at what point.

CD

I have a different story with my '06. If I have no added fueling i.e. smarty, ts of mine actually installed ID rive like normal and at 42-44psi I feel like I hit a wall. No codes but no fuel either. Put one or the other on then I can fuel to what ever and no boost codes and never hit that none fueling wall. I have a boost fooler but it is sitting in the kitchen cabinet and has been for two years. After dynoing and listening to the two guys that were higher than me I guess maybe I will put it on ans see what happens.

Still this doesn't do or say anything about your 25psi max. Are you monitoring low and overall boost. If you were You could tell if wastegate is open or opening way soon for that psi level.

Its overall I had it spike to 32 then shut down I got a boost fooler on its way now
Will get it put on this weekend and see how it runs

Smarty will fool till you blow the charger up or melt something down ...

Im pushing mine to 60 now with nothing on my smarty changed between my stock charger and my 66 .... :what:

Smarty will fool till you blow the charger up or melt something down ...

Im pushing mine to 60 now with nothing on my smarty changed between my stock charger and my 66 .... :what:

The Smarty only fools to 42-44psi. It will fuel higher of course but will likely throw a code.

so your talking about Throwing a Code ... GOTCHA !!! ... I get 3 codes everytime i start my truck ... LOL

Back