07.5 6.7 Exhaust Brake Sticking On

wyofreeride

I am working with a friends 07.5 6.7,H&S Mini Maxx, deletes, 100hp nozzles, 33% CP3, 62mm compressor upgrade. He's been having issues with the exhaust brake sticking on at least half the time, and when it sticks, it will not turn off until the rpm drops below 1300. We did some datalogging with EFI Live, and found that the actual turbo actuator position was around 99% when it was stuck on, commanded was around 66%. At 1300 RPM the actual follows commanded again and the brake comes off. The issue started while on Mini Maxx firmware ver 6.7.27. Since the issue began, the turbo has been replaced with a 62mm compressor on a stock vgt (existing stock actuator) and recently the actuator was replaced with a new unit (removed from a brand new turbo, actuators aren't available separately yet). Today we updated to 6.7.35 hoping to resolve the issue, but its still there. I don't expect that the tuning is the issue, but looking for advice. Also, when the exhaust brake is off, the actual and commanded actuator positions track as expected.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated? -Joe

Actuator was supposed to be indexed properly, but they did not use a starscan to position the actuator before install the first time. He took it to a dealer to calibrate it, but it failed several attempts with an actuator removed from a brand new turbo. He's over it and ordered an HTT 64 and manifold. Still not sure there wasn't an ecm or wiring issue, but problem is be gone now.

On a side note, is there anything else that will let you perform the install and calibration procedure required, or is the dealer our only option?

Sent from my hacked Kindle using Tapatalk