07 5.9 oil pressure issues

Chainbreaker

I have a 2007 5.9 ram3500. On the way home from work tonight all was well. Then i pulled into the driveway. As i was backing up i heard a chime so i looked at the dash and seen check gauges. The oil pressure gauge was around 15-20 id say. It wasnt at 0. I gave the engine a little rev to see if it would build oil pressure and it did. It went back to 40 something. Then i sat there with it idling and about 30 seconds later same thing. Reved a little and back to 40 it went. Oil looks fine. Truck has never acted funny or anything. I figured it was the sensor but it never did go to 0 like i would have thought so i dont know. Any help is appreciated. I will be hooking a manual gauge up to it hopefully soon because im timid to drive it like this and ruin the engine. Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the oil pressure sensor is just an on/off threshold switch and does not tell you the actual pressure. The gauge is basically an idiot light. It would be a good idea to use use a mechanical gauge.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Back