08 dash in an 06?

06TWO50Diesel

kinda goin somewhere fast
I've posted this before, but it's been a little while. Has anyone seen/done this mod yet? I personally think the 08+ dash is awesome! Just wondering if anyone else has thought the same and gone through the wiring and change involved in removing the 06 dash and putting in the 08. I get the idea from those who've dropped 03 cobra interiors in the SN95 bodies. Just trying to do something different I guess.

Cluster may not communicate with the PCM correctly. But it will fit. Just like they changed the 03/04 and 05-07 cluster

that was my main worry Doug... you're truck interior strip is what gave me the hopes it could maybe happen. But I'm no wiring guru, I'm lucky when I have charts haha

Why isn't anyone making the 08 stlyle side vents for the earlier years? Or are they Frog boy?

Never mind:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billetbadges/sets/72157602535585507/

www.billetbadges.com

Or cut a hole:
08BadgesCutOut2.jpg

and put the real thing on!!
08Badgeswholeshot1.jpg

and mind you, i'm no body guy haha Just got out my rotozip and measuring tape and did the best I could
No- i'm not trying to be an '08, the mirrors have incredible visibility and I was going to put on side vents anyway, when ford came out with them, I like the factory look.
Couldn't be happier too, had 3 guys follow me home wondering what exhaust I had on my '08 and countless others just looking at the front end scratching their heads haha

Speaking of the side mirrors... how much of a ***** are they to keep clean? That little gap between the arms when it attaches to the head that's about as wide as a toothpick just really annoys me. I also don't like how they went with a cheapo light bulb instead of the LEDs.

Truck does look good though, no doubt.

well its a complex mess to try and get the IC to work. I was researching how to do it on my 03.. to get an 05-07 look... and its a SEVERE PITA.

Speaking of the side mirrors... how much of a ***** are they to keep clean? That little gap between the arms when it attaches to the head that's about as wide as a toothpick just really annoys me. I also don't like how they went with a cheapo light bulb instead of the LEDs.

Truck does look good though, no doubt.

keep clean? ha. BB doesnt own nate he owns BB..he cleans it when he wants too..nates truck is clean right now because he practically had the whole thing repainted LOL

Back