09 sound

ccfrasstchief

Can anybody tell me how to get some sound out of a 2009 6.7 ? I've done dpf delete have a smarty jr and removed the nox in front of the dpf. Done all the stuff with the egr that the smarty said to do. Still don't have much sound. Any help ?

Drain the oil out and rev to 2500, run it for atleast 1 hour. This will make the engine louder...

Great idea idiot. Guess I expected to much from this site. Really thought someone would be helpful not a bunch of smartasses

What sound are you after? I heard the deadening in the cab is pretty hard core compared to most OE apps and could be a lot of the perception that it isn't loud.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

A sound like the straight piped 5.9. I know I ain't gonna get it but something more than I've got would be nice.

take the muffler off.
you didnt say you removed it yet.
Now if that doesnt work, just separate pipe under the truck..
it should piss you off enough to put it back together and enjoy the quiet.

Get rid of factory turbo.

I've got an 09, full deletes and a 4" straight pipe. No muffler, dumped at the axle. It's loud enough for me when I lean on the skinny pedal, but with the factory turbo it won't ever sound like a 5.9.

Sent from my dumb phone.

Yeah the muffler is no longer on either. That's the same way my truck is. I know it won't ever sound like the 5.9

They nailed it. The turbine housing has to change.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

My 5" straight exhaust with a stock turbo was obnoxiously loud and sounded like crap.

I did a 2nd gen swap and a 366 turbo and it was still obnoxiously loud. Swapped out to a 4" with a muffler and it has a nice tone at idle, and screams when you get on it.

As stated, you will not get any where near the 5.9 sound without putting a totally different turbo/manifold on there. Sorry.

Your attitude is what got you some cool answers. This isn't hold your hand and give you step by step instructions for common knowledge.

Your attitude is what got you some cool answers. This isn't hold your hand and give you step by step instructions for common knowledge.

Don't reckon nobody ask for your input on the answers now did they ? Maybe my knowledge of these rigs and yours ain't the same. I asked for advice because I didn't know what to do. Figured someone would have an answer

Don't reckon nobody ask for your input on the answers now did they ? Maybe my knowledge of these rigs and yours ain't the same. I asked for advice because I didn't know what to do. Figured someone would have an answer

Ha ha ha people these days.

Back