10.5 Rearend problem

srlax86

I hit a pothole the other night and there was a loud bang in the rear of the truck. Pulled over and the driveshaft turns but the truck doesn't move. Pulled the cover tonight and a bunch of pieces of the spiders fell out. The side spiders are ok but the other two are shredded. The ring and pinion both are ok. I want to put a new set of spiders in the truck until I can find an 11.5 to swap in.

The spider gear rebuild kits I have found all have a small bolt that holds the center pin in My center pin has a snap ring on the end and that's what locks it in. I didn't see a hole in the side of the carrier where the bolt in style center pin would go. Anyone ever experienced this? Do I have to drill out the carrier or do I need a spider kit that has the snap ring style pin?

I checked this morning, there is no hole in the carrier where the small bolt that locks center pin would go. The carrier has a machined groove that the center pin snap ring goes in to. I can't find a spider gear kit with that style center pin.

Back