10 speed swap???

07-5.9-MEGA-DRW

i was watching a video of a chevy with a cummins in ot and for the trans it had a to speed fuller,what would it take to make this happen on a new truck????any suggestions???:bang:bang:bang

whole bunch of work, thats a big ole trans , i see alot of cutting and welding and such

im pretty sure that you would have to run a big cummins/cat, etc to match the engine bolt pattern

plus those trans are strong yes but you wont go fast, you run out of gear before you know it. its not worth it...

the truck in my avatar is a n14 cummins 550+rwhp with a 9 spd rockwell and bobtailing its quick when its in gear but every time you shift you loose so much

plus you cant quick shift them, they are not sequenized

ya i seen that video it would be sweet for pulling havey trallers but not fast i want a 2nd truck just for that :rockwoot:

yea thats all true,if i had another mega cab dually i would prolly do it if it was just used 4 towing and nothing else,but my current mega cab dually is an everydayer.

Depending on the model of tranny you choose every part needed to bolt one to a Cummins is available off the shelf. Several folks have put the 8 speed Eaton trannies behind theirs in 2wd trucks. Takes a bit of creative sheetmetal work to make the tranny fit, but it can be done.

Converting it to 4x4 would be the hard part. You can bolt alot of transmissions with shelf parts. Allison AT series, I think the MT series. Allison 1000 and 2000, not sure on the 3000 series.
(but the 3000 series will bolt to the 7.3's),

Do the 10 speeds even have a O/D?

Try to stay away from the MT 's

I have a RTO 6610 in my truck my buddy had one in his Superduty untill he wrecked it the overdrive are .80:1 the weight is the same as the nv5600 385lb all my gears have a 500rpm split.I had to do tunel work to mine my buddies was alot bigger and work fine he had a 5.9 in his.the 6610 and the 610 trany's are a lot smaller than the 9speed.If I was going to put a different trans in I like the spicer ESO 7sp it is all synchronizedand has overdrive.You can get all the part from behind a 8.3

Dale