10" Sub Under Center Console - Build pics

LAmiller

THE KT-BOUNDARY
Ok, I got tired of my stock sound but never considered a system since I use my space under my seats daily. I came across a stealth box build that I have followed and it works awesome, you would never know its there until you turn on the radio. I also got a complete leather interior to swap into the truck...

Here's a few pics from the build/ install:

011-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

028-1.jpg

IMG_20100827_141101.jpg

IMG_20100827_141614.jpg

IMG_20100827_142819.jpg

IMG_20100827_142850.jpg

2010-06-13_195040.jpg

I'm really happy with the way it sounds, I installed a JVC HDR60 ($150) head unit, then bought a pair of Kappa Series Infinity 6x9s for the front doorsand 5-1/4" for the rear doors, and a Dual Voice Coil 10" Infinity Sub New all for ($249) and I had a Bazooka ELA500.1 Amp given to me that I used.

All in all it pounds for what it is and is perfect for what I wanted, It gives a perfect full sound without rattling the doors, windows, and mirrors off my truck.

Any input is appreciated

Lavon

Should've put a 12" in there....I have a box left over from the 98 that held a JL 12W6v2...it SLAMMED if you turned it up, but just sounded nice and tight if you wanted to enjoy the music:D:D

A little bass never hurts a thing though...looks good Lavon!!
Chris

I would be really hard to get a 12" in there without completely starting over with the base frame... not saying it couldn't be done though.

Lavon

That looks good, I like the idea of a 12 though. I plan on doing something like this with my center console.

I would be really hard to get a 12" in there without completely starting over with the base frame... not saying it couldn't be done though.

Lavon

Mine was a replacement box....to fit in the deep 12W6 it made the console sit about 2" taller...which actually was pretty nice for me!

Chris

Should've put a 12" in there....I have a box left over from the 98 that held a JL 12W6v2...it SLAMMED if you turned it up, but just sounded nice and tight if you wanted to enjoy the music:D:D

A little bass never hurts a thing though...looks good Lavon!!
Chris

wanna sell that box and sub? got any pics?

I built a box for my 01 that fit a 12 in it. It wasnt a whole lot to look at but I did fit a competition series sub in it. Probably going to put it in the new toy.

looks great and awesome use of the space. Love stealth installs, and best of all when you do them yourself.

Any pics of these things yet? Got a nice 12" that I want to put under my seat and was wondering if there was a build out there to help my ideas???

Lavon, can I get some bigger versions of the first 3 pictures? I'm thinking of splitting up my 2 10's I had in my 99 and do one like this and put one in my Jetta. LOL