100 MPG Muscle Car 5.0 Insane

hahahaha 0-60 in 3 seconds? LMAO yeah Im sure it gets 110 miles per gallon of gas.... cause e85 is only 15% gas per gallon.....

I'm calling BS. E85 has less energy than gasoline from the start.

Actually you can tune e85 to make some serious power on forced induction cars....I can't remember the company name, but they are out there.

:pop::pop::pop:

Can't wait for this one. I know of a few very small cars around here running on those water/hydrogen generator setups along with E85 they make themselves and they are only making like 80 hp and 40 mpg. No way you gonna make 400 hp and 100 mpg.

:bs:

Well, he's in the Automotive X prize competition, which is a race that will award the winner millions if they can get 100mpg in a cross country race, so this guy may be the real deal. Guess we'll see how he does!

I'm assuming he was quoting his 0-60 time with slicks on nitrous :lolly:

http://www.progressiveautoxprize.org/

It jus being on CNN is a big deal. 100 mpg would revolutionize the market. I hope it's legit.

It jus being on CNN is a big deal. 100 mpg would revolutionize the market. I hope it's legit.

noone got this excited over volkswagon's diesel hybrid that promised i believe 76mpg?? the only reason they're not gonna produce it is because they feel noone would pay the premium for it :doh:

I know the V6 Buick guys are using E-85 on the track , and its working.

Sure you can make a lot of power on ethanol. Which acts similar to alcohol. I'm not disputing that. However, the consumption of fuel is increased to put that power out.

A gallon of e85 has about 80,000 BTU's of energy.
A gallon of gasoline has 124,800 BTU's of energy.

So it takes about 1.56 gallons to drive the same distance as it does one gallon of gas. That's in an engine with low enough compression to still run gasoline. So if the engine were built with a higher compression to ONLY run on e85 you could overcome some of the loss due to e85's higher octane.

Ethanol is a scam IMHO though...

I agree with what patracy said above, as well as Forrest. There's no way it's got that performance with over 100 mpg... NO WAY...

Ummmm...I'm not buying it either.....but.

He didn't say "it will get 100mpg constantly romping on it"

He could mean that it will get 100mpg "babying it"...but it has the capability to rip the pavement if the driver so chooses.

Yeah, here's a legit 100mpg car (130mpg in gas mode...it's a hybrid, so they claim like 300mpg if you factor in "charging rates") You can tell that it is um....a little different than the mustang. .11 drag coeficent, weighs about 1000lbs....only a few horsepower, etc.

http://www.aptera.com/

Actually you can tune e85 to make some serious power on forced induction cars....I can't remember the company name, but they are out there.

Yes you can but you need more fuel.
E85 has a high octane rating but lower heat energy.

Ummmm...I'm not buying it either.....but.

He didn't say "it will get 100mpg constantly romping on it"

He could mean that it will get 100mpg "babying it"...but it has the capability to rip the pavement if the driver so chooses.

He could mean to say a lot of things but you can't have it both ways.