12 or 24 vcommon rail

rhcdiesel

I have a 06 f250 which is my baby but i know sooner or later i am going to have to replace my engine, so the question is, should i get a 12v or a 24v common rail to set into my truck, i will buy it and build the engine up for street but i also want to have a fast driveable truck!What are the first things i need to do to build a strong hopefully unbreakable engine?

rhcdiesel said:
I have a 06 f250 which is my baby but i know sooner or later i am going to have to replace my engine, so the question is, should i get a 12v or a 24v common rail to set into my truck, i will buy it and build the engine up for street but i also want to have a fast driveable truck!What are the first things i need to do to build a strong hopefully unbreakable engine?
find someone you trust with your engine and someone who is proven to deliver results. then find someone you trust to install it. good luck

phil palmer is right around the corner from me, i know his brother pretty good, i think im going to have him look for one for me, so what was your pick 12 or 24?

12 valve for all out power but the common rail has power and adjustability. but a 12v is easy to install and common rail has a computer and wires to worry about. but if somebody is installin it for you and you want more of a "street" truck id go with the common rail. IMO

i will be using this truck to haul and drive everyday! So i should go with a 24v common rail, i saw a 96 i think 12v with 49k origional miles for 12k

Back