12 valve build input

dentexpsd

Have some plans for the winter/spring, going to be putting a 96 12 valve into my 01 ford f250 to replace my 700hp 7.3. Looking to build the 12v to make close to or over 1000hp on fuel. Plan so far is rods, mahle pistons, p&p head, Hamilton cam,valve springs, pushrods, benched 13mm pump, 64/88 compounds (possibly 66/88 or 66/91) and 5x22 wide angle injectors (not really sure if these will do it or not). Wanting some input on injectors and compounds since I'm not as knowledgeable on the cummins platform as I am the powerstrokes. This will be a mostly competition drag truck that will only be driven on the street maybe once or twice a month. What is everyone opinions on the setup. I know it has been discussed before but 90% of the discussions have led to people realizing 1000hp isn't street friendly and lowering their goals. Thanks for any input.

What type of power would be attainable on that setup. I'm not putting a limit on the hp, I just know 1000 on fuel isn't something easily achieved that's why I put the goal there.

I would keep the 13mm idea, it will make your life easier. you will be able to do the same HP with a smaller injector.

That's what I'm thinking too. any input on the turbos? I'm not wanting to go too big and cause it to be laggy, but at the same time I know it needs a decent amount of air flow for my goals.

Looking to do 1k fuel only. The truck the motor is going to get swapped in is already capable of 1k on spray, I'm making the switch for more fuel only power capabilities. Budget isn't really a big deal right now, so far had it figured up to be about $20k for the swap and parts I have picked out above.
It's not going to be expected to perform on the street very well, so spool isn't a huge cconcern. Spray will be added on top of the fuel only numbers to hopefully push it deep into the 11s in the 1/4.

Go smaller on the secondary and bigger on the primary. 63-68 over an S595 will easily hit 1000hp and be street able.

Lots of people claim1k... lots of people aren't there..

I think you have a decent combo picked out..
You can go up or down on turbos at a later date.

Lots of people claim1k... lots of people aren't there..

Couldn't agree more. Lots of people also have enough fuel and air capability to make 1000, but not the tuning. Thing with a 12v is, buying hardcore parts is the easy factor in the equation - the tuning is the hard part.

Back to your immediate question, RonA's setup is what I'd shoot for. It was, by all accounts, an extremely well-behaved 1k hp 12v. He ran a 13mm pump with the fuel dialed way back, and the fill rate made for great manners. Maybe someone else can recall his charger setup?

Looking to do 1k fuel only. The truck the motor is going to get swapped in is already capable of 1k on spray, I'm making the switch for more fuel only power capabilities. Budget isn't really a big deal right now, so far had it figured up to be about $20k for the swap and parts I have picked out above.
It's not going to be expected to perform on the street very well, so spool isn't a huge cconcern. Spray will be added on top of the fuel only numbers to hopefully push it deep into the 11s in the 1/4.
1k on fuel plus spray will do lower than deep 11s...

Also, you have a 700 club sheet on a 7.3, we know budget isn't a huge concern.