12 valve dyno tuning question

LittleWhite97

With the mods in my sig what do you guys think I should do extra for an upcoming dyno run? This will be the trucks first dyno pull so hoping for some good numbers. Anyway, should I pull the 10 plate, install a different plate? Just wondering, it fuels hard now with the ten plate so I don't really know. Thanks for any info. :thankyou2:

you got bit by the 7 hole bs too huh......

just toss the plate, make sure the afc is tuned correct off the bottom, if you stab the pedal on the dyno and it just smokes its not going to light up quick

your going to make your max power around spool up so i wouldnt be worried about spinning your motor too high

take your afc off and see how it moves with regulated compressed air, so you can make sure you dont get too much fuel too fast, but also make sure the afc travels all the way to the end with your max psi of boost, you can use a fender washer to get more travel, as well as grinding an 1/8" off the end of the afc arm barrel

Well I removed the AFC and wasn't near getting full rack travel. Installed fender washer, tested and got full travel. Reinstalled AFC, tuned and went to the drag strip for further testing.
First pass, off the line easy to feel the truck out on the track. Rolled into it about half track and ran a 15.0 @104 so the power was defenatly there according to trap speed so next pass I was going all out.
Second pass truck hooked great, going into fourth gear, input shaft gave up on trani. To make a long storie short, finally gota chance to tune my truck, found alot more power, found a weak link, no dyno pulls for me!