12 valve engine build pics

luke h

This is photos of the 12 valve Me and my partner built last November. We are an up and coming shop in western KY thats been doing business for a couple years on the side. The name is Heartland Diesel Performance. If the name being posted is a conflict since were not yet site sponsors it can be deleted. However I would like the appropriate person to PM me with sponsorship details.
Thanks
O-ringed block
oringedblock.jpg

Close up of o-rings
orings.jpg

Crank installed with main studs
crank.jpg

mains.jpg

Couple pics of balanced rotating assembly
assembly.jpg

rotating1.jpg

Pics of Mahle 286210 pistons decked .080
pistons.jpg

deck.jpg

Ported and polished head
ported.jpg

Photo of scheid cam although im running the cam one step below this one
cam.jpg

ARP 625s
studs.jpg

Valve train installed
valvetrain2.jpg

valvetrain.jpg

Chrome valve covers and oil breathers installed
valvecovers2.jpg

valvecovers3.jpg

valvecovers.jpg

Breathers2.jpg

OilBreathers.jpg

This motor is in my 98 12v regular cab. I will post pics of it installed and with my 62/14 b2 twins.

Nice work

Thats a nice girddle! I went with just the 3/16 stiffener plate but it doesnt tie into the mains. I opted to run 12mm main studs instead though.
Luke

WUnderwood said:
what P pump are you running? lotta fuel?

Not to steel the thunder from the guy above because it's his thread .

The pump that we are running is 14mm.

The block girdle took a little bit of thinking but it has 14mm A1 studs as well. I might add to that if you buy one of those girdles make sure #1 and 6 have the same length studs as the rest. Because if you buy just 14mm studs you will get four short ones.

If you dont mind me asking, what a build like that cost.......with parts, labor, etc. Just not removal or istallation?

Luke H, you are going to run a 14mm pump with a 62/14 and a B2? I think that would be way too much fuel unless you plan on A LOT of nitrous!

All i have to say is that is a dreamy peace of work. Nice job its really nice to see someone taking their time and doing a great build and documenting it for all to see. Please keep showing off!!!!

That's beautiful Luke!!! You've put alot of time, thought & work into the engine and it shows!

schaef_12 said:
If you dont mind me asking, what a build like that cost.......with parts, labor, etc. Just not removal or istallation?

Me or the gentleman above.

Good luck with the 14MM, I have heard of several pump issues with them.

could those pics be posted through comp diesel website. i cant view them on my govt computer.

zstroken said:
Good luck with the 14MM, I have heard of several pump issues with them.

Yes I agree , we have a 13mm as well to monkey around with.

jkretzer said:
could those pics be posted through comp diesel website. i cant view them on my govt computer.

Yes I can give me a chance tonight and I will load them.

pump

Thanks all for the replys. Im not running a 14mm pump. Im running a 180 with rack plug, 5ks, lc DVs, modded rack stop and 100, timing at 22 right now till it warms up. The pump will be taken off in a few weeks and will be built by scheids. not going to 13mm B&Ps though as this will be a street driven truck. May go bigger in future if the truck turns out to be an all out drag truck or i find something lighter to put this motor in. As far as cost its pricey but my motto was if im doing it im going to do it right. I would have to gather all the receipts to get an exact figure.

luke h said:
Thanks all for the replys. Im not running a 14mm pump. Im running a 180 with rack plug, 5ks, lc DVs, modded rack stop and 100, timing at 22 right now till it warms up. The pump will be taken off in a few weeks and will be built by scheids. not going to 13mm B&Ps though as this will be a street driven truck. May go bigger in future if the truck turns out to be an all out drag truck or i find something lighter to put this motor in. As far as cost its pricey but my motto was if im doing it im going to do it right. I would have to gather all the receipts to get an exact figure.

Any idea what that 180 pump currently flows? That's one good looking engine by the way...