12 valve grid heater ?

Walter Sobchak

Got rid of the stock intake plate for a billet one. Now the intake horn won't fit because I don't have the spacer where the grid heater was. Will a 24 valve grid heater delete spacer work or does anyone make a 12 valve one? Thanks

was your grid heater made to the plate? i think the 24 one is the same but not certain.

24v grid heaters are seperate from the plate, as are some 12v's. My '94 engine has seperate heater, but my '98 is intregal to the plate.

my 94 engine is stickshift and had it made to the plate. my 94 auto and my buddies 95 auto have it separate. not sure if theres a pattern there or not. wonder why they made them both ways?

They're all the same I believe. I know Farmboys (?) diesel sells them as do a couple of ebay vendors...they're all about $50 or so.

my 94 stick has them separate. its basically just a spacer now since theres no grid heaters in there.

Garrett

so will a 24 valve heater delete fit on a 12 valve? looking to delete mine, and may have found a good deal on a 24valve one. Mines not hooked up anyhow. what will I gain by dumping it?

so will a 24 valve heater delete fit on a 12 valve? looking to delete mine, and may have found a good deal on a 24valve one. Mines not hooked up anyhow. what will I gain by dumping it?

Yes the 24v delete will work, mine added 15hp and 100* cooler egt's

You can take the grids out of the stock spacer easy enough, unless you want to keep it to put it back in during the winter.