12 valve injector line size

Big T

diesel bleeder
I have tried to find info on injector line size for a month now and it seems that no one has real numbers or facts as to what different size injector lines do or accomplish. Reading my signature and reading my setup, would I see a difference in changing line size other than a heavy lope if I went to big. This truck was built in house and the pump has never been sent out or flow tested so I have no idea what cc's it flows. The truck is a pretty heavy tower and is a driver. After the last dyno a few months ago I cracked my number 1 injector line a few days later. I just threw a spare on but now I am ready to fix it. I don't know what stock line sizes were for a 94 160 truck. If they were .78 and I went to a .84 would I see any hp difference, pyro difference, driveability, tow ability. If I went up to .93 will the truck lope a little or become prone to stalling. I don't want 120's I'm sure, or should I just put stock size stainless back on. Thanks for any info on this. Since I need new lines anyway I figured I may benefit from an increase in size, also are there any disadvantages to stainless lines like cracking or fatiguing?

Last edited:
use the search function on here i believe you will find that most will tell you to leave them stock unless your gonna get an injection pump that flows some serious cc's. the bigger lines cause lope and changes your timing.

Unless your going to be at wide open throttle at all times,save your money and use the stock lines(the .079 or .084"s) as you will gain nothing from the larger lines.

The larger you go the worse the daily driving characteristics are and idle qualities are but I do realize that its your dollar and your truck.I also have tried all four sizes on the dyno on my 12v and found that the larger you go the less power on the jet you will make.That was one of those I should have remembered what Jim Fulmer said along time ago and it would have saved me the work.

I hear ya, my rule is stock or .084 on a dyno for numbers, .093 for a 13mm pump if your racing or pulling, .120.....follow your builders ideas for a mod truck or a 3.0 truck now days.

I'm going to put this out there as info and questions: Line Length, keep it short for response, no I didn't try this but I know someone who did.

Jim

Back