12 valve into a 82 chevy 4x4 using sm465 trans

Gone Ropin

ok so here it is, my 96 Dodge 3500 4x4 that I just put rebuilt the engine in got totaled,
I'm looking at putting my engine in a 82 chevy 4x4, I have a bellhousing with everything i need to install the cummins in the chevy and use the chevy 4 speed trans, ( sm465 )
my question is, will the trans hold till i can get a 5 speed later ? I know the SM465 is one of the toufgher trans built for trucks in the past, with the old 6.2 with a old Banks turbo kit in front of it the truck ran 70 MPH @1900 rpm, truck has 373 gears now, also going to install the dodge dually rearend in truck with the 354 gears and change the front axel to 354 gears, and truck has the all metal , all gear transfer case from older 77 1 ton checy 4x4,

whats everybodys thoughts ?????

I see no problem, other than it might suck with no overdrive. they used the same trans in larger dump trucks and buses, so you should be fine for awhile. they make a large input for it as well if that worries you, they were available in the ones in larger trucks with the sae bellhousings.

It should be fine as long as u don't abuse it. What about running the auto with a standalone controller like anteater from firepunk read a lot of good reviews on it.

I had 1981 chevy with a fairly stout 454 in my teenage years. Ran it with 38 swampers and broke about everything else in the truck but never hurt the trans. From what I've seen they are tough as hell. Also had the cast iron 205 transfer case and the only thing it broke was the output shaft to the front axle.

Yup looks like I'll be putting the 47RE auto Trans in. And will be using a all gear all steel transfer case out of a 77 one ton going to see what all I need to hook it up. Going to order engine mounts and I'll have to build my Trans support brace. I'll have all my computer harness and wiring for the Trans. If need be I'll mod the valve body to a manual shift.
Wanted to go with a 5 or 6 speed but Dane people think they're made of gold