12 Valve- Larger injector lines

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
At what point do larger injector lines become beneficial/necessary?

I just got my new lines that go around the front of valve cover #1 and between valve cover #5 & #6 so Joe can make me a new intake manifold.

Lets hear what you guys have to say!

I don't know in the HP area but I can tell you they don't work dynoing, lost power every time! Now put a truck in Pulling or Racing and I'd say heck yea! If you were to ever go to a bigger pump they would be a must, along with EDM holders and bigger DV's as you have to get rid of the internal pressure or you will smash the cam lobes and rollers........ask me how I know that, then ask me why my 13mm pump is on another truck.

Jim

BgBlDodge said:
How do you know that and why is your 13mm pump on another truck?

You're almost as much of an ass as me!:hehe: :clap:

BgBlDodge said:

Because I've wiped out 2 camshafts that I know of over the few years I ran a 13mm pump, this comes from running too small of stuff trying to make it streetable, it can be donw but at a cost.

Why would I not run the 13mm I have? I don't need it because my 887 will fuel like a Maddog with the Dragon Flows.

Jim

Thanks Jim. And just for the record, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just trying to learn more.

BgBlDodge said:

OMG that was funny... I'm sure you meant it nicely, but wow, I spit a little mountain dew on the monitor when I read that. Sounds like something I'd do!

LOL

BgBlDodge said:
Thanks Jim. And just for the record, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just trying to learn more.

No sweat, Pumps have always been my biggest issue, or the biggest PITA depending on how you look at it.

Heck the 13mm pump I have maybe wiped out too, who knows! I'll either try it out or tear it apart and check it.....very low on priorities.

Jim

Jim...
Did you ever get a number figure that you lost with the larger injector lines on your truck when you dynoed?.Or better yet,did you ever back to back the truck with the different lines,stockers,.093 and .120's?.I know mine runs good on the street under a heavy pedal load with the .093's but I'll be darned if it will make power with them on a jet.You would think with plenty of fuel to feed them that the .093's would be far more superior to the stockers but I think they are hurting the deal more than anything now.....Andy

I really liked them on the street and when it was lit, but ont he dyno it just never made the power, ot once but multiple times.

Never did get back to back runs to prove any numbers, Pulling or Drag Racing I'd have them in a heartbeat.

Jim

I will post pictures when I have my new intake plenum welded up and ready to go. Joker12Valve does good work!