12 valve trans shift points.

whitehoopty

Hey i got a aftermaket trans and have been having problems with shift points. The shop ive been going to has never gotten it adjusted right. my question is what are your shift points with after market transmissions?

Normal driving: 1-2 is about 2200, 2-3 is ~1900, 3-4 is when I decide it to be.

WOT: 3600-3700

Dtt full billet running a 12v TPS sensor on my 01.5.

Normal driving: 1-2 is about 2200, 2-3 is ~1900, 3-4 is when I decide it to be.

WOT: 3600-3700

Dtt full billet running a 12v TPS sensor on my 01.5.

How bout light throttle shifts? mine seem to be late compared to my last trans

light throttle my trans started out shifting into 3rd at 18 mph. we installed the trans so we thought we didnt adjust something right. so i took it back to the guy he said thats the way its suppose to shift. so i kept driving and had to go to him to pick something up so i wanted him to look at it again. he put a zip tie on the throttle valve. so i drove it like that for awhile and smoked the trans. he warrentied it and i paid him to drop it and install it so it would be adjusted right. i smoked that one in 4 months. now he warrentied it again. i pick it up it shifted 2nd at 20 and 3rd at 30. so i call him i asked what he did. he said he had no idea just put it in. 2 weeks later it started shifting sloppy again. called him up he asked if the zip tie fell off? i was pissed. so now im using a different trans guy. trying to figure out where these trans should shift.

2nd should be at about 15mph light throttle, 3rd around 30mph and 4th around 40 or so and that might be a little quick still.

k now my question is what to adjust to make it shift later. the guy cranked the throttle valve all the way in to make the trans think its at full throttle all the time. so no it shifts 2nd at 12 mph and 3rd at 25. but i want to put that back to spec and actually have my tv cable functionable.

i believe my tps is fine becuase it shifts into od fine. the problem with light throttle shifts is i have no throttle movement when driving normal in traffic. 1/4 throttle and im moving pretty good. so the tv cable doesnt do any good with my light throttle shifting.

Back