12 valve vs 24 valve

whistler7.3

My 24 valve blew up and im debating if i want to put a 24 valve back in it or go with a 12 valve. Ive been reading different things but i cant make up my mind, so i could really use some help.

that will depend on what you want to do everyone is going to have their various opinions on what to have. the 12v is cheaper to get the most out of. depending on what all broke on your 24v you could consider ppumping it.

i'd find a 24 valve long block and put a P-pump on it:rockwoot:

When you say "blew up" what do you mean exactly? I bet our definitions are different LOL

Best post in the thread.

Blown up= Entire engine trashed. No significant reusable parts.

Thanks... thats pretty much my description. I've met several people that say they've blown up an engine and its usually something like a headgasket or something simple. Hell, I wouldn't even consider a rod through the block a "blown up" engine, lol.

I melted a piston and had to the cylinder sleeved and that wasn't even close to "blowing up" my engine LOL

I bought a "blown up" 12v from a guy for $250 and have sold well over $1,000 worth of parts off of it. Including an 887 pump. I still have the head, manifold, and some other misc stuff off of it. Far from "blown up"

well the rod on the number #4 cylinder went threw the block and took out the cam. I'm not sure what else is wrong with it. But putting a P-pump on it is a defiant possibility.

Since your basically starting all over. Sell that head and put a 12 valve in it without a doubt.

i have a quick ?. so if you want to 12v a 24, you could just change heads and put a ppump on? the pistons are different also correct with the way the injectors spray to the bowl correct?

Since your basically starting all over. Sell that head and put a 12 valve in it without a doubt.

You forgot to add your :cheer:p-Pump P-Pump P-Pump:cheer:
LMAO:hehe:

did she do this...

nuclear-explosion.jpg

id say p pump it, unless it messed up too much. then build a 12 valve $.02

By the time you sell your 24 valve stuff. You can pay for everything to put a complete 12 valve together. 12 valve p pump p pump p pump p pump!!!! Paint it 2Tone also.