1206 fuel injection pump

swhite59

just bought a 1206. trying to get it cranked, has been sitting for several years- turn over good, got good fuel to pump but not out of injection lines- how hard is it to open this pump up?

If its been setting for years then the plungers in the pump are probably stuck. If so then the pump will need to be taken apart and cleaned.

thanks. anyone know where to get a good parts breakdown or is it better to send it off to be rebuilt. and is there another pump thats similar enough to pass for stock with more fueling?

Depends on what you call stock... I've seen alot of p-pumps in farmstock that shouldn't be there.

its gotta at least be a rotary to keep all the jd guys from pickin a fight. i wanna pull it in farm classes but i dont think theyre gonna look too hard. I was thinkin it would be easier to send it off cosnidering ordering parts

I have a model 100 rotary injection pump that you could put on that if you are interested. It came off a dt466 block i got out of the junkyard

those db2 pumps are fairly simple, but there are indeed a few tricks to "building" one... Shoot me a pm and I can either give you some pointers or some prices on a pump that will overfuel that poor stock turbo of yours

Back