12v blow by breather thoughts

I picked up a Moroso breather tank yesterday with intents to direct the blowby without dripping on the track or leaking over my valve covers. I have 2 similar filters mounted on the valve covers, but oil residue seems to find its way out still.

Moroso 85470 Moroso Dry Sump Breather Tank

Any thoughts about this? Anyone use one similar? Hows it work?

Thanks.

:pop:

Don't know...I just use the newer tractor style valve covers with the breathers in them...no oil in the blowby that way unless you have serious blowby, then just add another set.

Chris

I've got something similar. Mine I put a -6AN line in the bottom and aeroquip line and plumbed it back into the block so any oil that goes into the tank will just drain right back into the block. No mess at all! works great. Ditch the petcock valve.

I was also wondering this I bought a billet tappet cover and was thinkin about doin the same

I'm going to put one of these on my car as well. I've seen it on other 5.9's in drag cars and they all said they worked fine.

Here is how Bponci has his set up on his new project. I might try to do it similar to his.

morosobreather.jpg

I built my own from a piece of 4" stainless and had two 3/4" lines plumbed into it. One from the breather on the CR valve cover and one from the breather on the front cover in front of the injection pump. Worked fine, I just ended up dumping the hoses to the ground.

I am running the billet tappet cover with 2 3/4 npt should I y them together or block one off?

I am running the billet tappet cover with 2 3/4 npt should I y them together or block one off?

this is what I'll be running as well. the ones I've seen have run 2 lines straight down. I was thinking about running at least one to the moroso breather. not 100% sure yet.