fordcummins1992

boost guy
Turning truck over and getting no oil pressure

pulled turbo feed hose no oil coming out

pulled front cover and checked oil pump no scoring

Pulled regulator valve all looks good

Any ideas

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Make sure the oil pump is bolted on correctly. They do have a tendency to sit awkwardly in the oil pump boss if you don't install them perfectly straight.

Better question would be exactly what gaskets were put in on the reseal. That will let you know where to look. And like Mark said is there oil in pan. That is something that i would goof up.

Complete engine reseal lol yes theres oil in the pan i double checked the pump last night everything seemed good took it out and reinstalled

Ive done alot of cummins engine before never had this issue though

Pickup tube properly sealed? Did you prime the oil galley before you first started it?

Did you clean the oil pump out when you did all this? It can't be dry when you put it back together.

Are you SURE you put the gasket in that goes between the pick-up tube and the block?
That's the only sealing point between the pick-up screen and the pump cavity.

Mark.

Put thick assembly lube or lubriplate in the oil pump so it can create some suction.

Gonna try tonight as for starting it thor the truck didnt run just turnjng it over with the fuel off to prime it as for priming the oil pump i filled back from the turbo line

It’ll take a minute to get some oil up there, might have to run it for a few seconds to get the pump pumping. Just cranking it doesn’t make the pump work all that hard, although it still should pump oil cranking, it’ll still take a while

As Eric stated above, assembly lube in the pump is a good habit. Helps get the pump primed. Depending on what’s located around you, you should be able to rent an oil system primer. Always a good idea on a fresh engine.

Also make sure the plug is installed in the oil galley behind the camshaft gear. Had that happen to me once before I learned to loc-tite it, peen it, or thread it

Got the oil pressure figured i added more asembly lube to the pump reinstalled and all good now

Ah, that one time when you wish a Cummins would suck, then it finally does! :lolly:

Mark.