12v head studs installation questions

TEICHIN641

i have a friend that is installing new head studs, and the directions say just pul them ut and put the new ones in no other unasembly required, i don't see how you can get the head studs out of the driverside of the head without removing the lifters, am i correct on this, he is trying to get them installed tonight. any help/ info would be great

Do you mean the rocker towers?
I had to loosen the back two and cock them so the stud could go thru the hole in the cowl for the push rod.

Ratsun said:
Do you mean the rocker towers?
I had to loosen the back two and cock them so the stud could go thru the hole in the cowl for the push rod.

YES, I MENT THE ROCKER TOWERS, OK, I FIGURED THAT IT WAS NOT AS EASY AS JUST TAKING THEM OUT, AND PUTTING THEM BACK IN

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

If they are ARP studs the rocker towers have to be machined. Local shop did a friends for $50 or so.

I believe you have to machine .200 off the rocker pedistals for ARP 625 studs and you will most likely have to clearance your valve covers with regular ARP studs

i am sure he will be pissed, the place where he baught them from told him to just pull the old ones out and put the new ones in

they are arp studs

and so the story goes..... I love when the parts guy tells you that.

Wait a minute.... I'm a parts guy :Cheer:

ask the guy that gave him the studs if they are for a 4wd or 2wd truck ,,, and asks him to look up spark plugs,,, you wanta do a tune up to..... now thats funny .....