12v Horsepower Estimate from 1/8 ET

1slowhatch

I've got a 95 12v 5 speed truck that I have been fooling around with. Its all stock except for the 4 inch full exhaust, #0 plate, afc ff and 3k gsk. Its got a stock clutch and 285 70 17 tires. I ran it at my local 1/8 mile track a few months back. The best I got it to go was a 9.70 with a 2.05 60 foot. I do not remember the mph. The truck weighs right around 6300 lbs with me in it.

I am just "launching" it in 4wd, no boost, in 1st gear(not granny). (stock clutch will slip if i try to build boost). Anyway, I know there are horsepower calculators online, but I wasn't sure how accurate they would be in a diesel application. They say around 330 at the crank on et and 315 on mph. Does that sound right? (seems kind of high to me).

Any input would be appreciated.

It's hard to find out how much horsepower you have without an 1/8 mile Trap Speed.... I know that your application is a relativity stock setup, so I wouldn't expect it to be if/or much over 300 rwhp. 9.70 is moving pretty well for the amount of mods...

i'll look up the mph when i get home.

what's the obvious next mod (aside from solid clutch)? i'd like to get it to run around a 9.0 and still be a decent tow rig.

i was thinking of bumping the timing, cranking down stock head bolts and maybe a small set of injectors?