12v in a 2000

Coasterman

coastn'
I've got a little winter project going on and I've run into some issues. Without making this post to long.. I'm mating a 1995 12v with an 47RE in a 2000 bodied truck on a 95 3500 frame and chassis... everyone with me?? Long story short I had parts from two trucks and building one. Body and trans out of a 2000, motor, frame and cassis of a 95. All that being said I have two problems right now...
1. What pump system should I use..the mechanical one on the 95 with the 95 fuel tank.. or swap out with the 2000 electronic with the 2000 fuel tank?
2. Will the wire harness off the 2000 work with the 95 12v or will I need to modify anything on the harness so everything works...ie. trans, gauges, etc.???

This is my first Diesel project and I rather ask questions than screw something up or spend hours on something that one of you has already figured out.

:) Thanks for your help.
Erik

Attachments

• 95 frame after coating.JPG
    95 frame after coating.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2000 cab off.jpg
    2000 cab off.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 95 frame.bmp
    95 frame.bmp
    727.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 2000.bmp
    2000.bmp
    727.4 KB · Views: 71
Assuming that you are talking about the lift pump, you really should use the mechanical system with the P7100 injection pump on the engine.

Do you have the 2000 engine to rob the ECM, harness and sensors from? That would make the dash work easiest.

You'll have to wire up the shut off solenoid so that the engine actually shuts off when you turn the key off. Search around for that schematic, it's not too bad I don't think.

Yes i was talking about the lift pump...I wasnt sure if i should stay with the mechanical or not... anyhow.. for now I'm gonna stick with the stock lift pump.

Yes I do have the 2000 motor, complete with the ecm and harness. I wasnt sure if i should cannibalize the motor as i'm trying to sell it...I will check and see if i can find a wire diagram for the fuel shut off... thanks for the response!

in order for the dash to work you have to get the tach working. the 98.5-00 uses the crank sendor located behind the starter. best i know you have to have this working to make it function. there is going to be alot to this swap i beleive.

Back