12v into 2005 gmc

Ben46a

Puller wannabe
So im going to put a 12 valve into the GMC in place of the duramax. Its a competition only truck now, so i was thinking in order to save time and ease things like an SFA swap, That id put the whole front frame clip frome the dodge onto the gmc frame. then i have motor mounts, all suspension pints and whatnot, id just have to hang my sheetmetal on it. Have a donor truck thats not worth fixing really. plan on keeping the zf 6 speed that the truck came with as it was a good trans. Ill post some pics as things come together.

I Want To Do A Commonrail Cummins In My 02, And Keep The Allison Trans

Hmmm. Shame to see you gave up on the DMAX. Those ol' 12 valves are beasts and so "easy" the temptation to run one is just hard to pass up. Best of luck with it.

C-ya

Cool swap but wouldnt it be easier to just change the whole frame out and make new mounting tabs for the body ? Unless the donor truck has a damaged frame . Rich

Well the GMC seems to have a stiffer frame on the back end, you dont see them flexing like you do the old 2nd gen dodges. Plus It has the AAM 115 in it which seems to be a stouter rear axle than the old Dana 80s. And it wont take much to make rad support mounts and integrate a weight box mount versus making all new body mounts and making it look right.

As far as giving up on the duramax, Ive had so many electrical issues latley it isnt funny, and noone seems to be able to find or fix them. plus im going to have to spend about 15K to build it up when a cummins will take 1000 hp with very few mods, and not need a full off build. For what i can can sell my used dual fuelers for i can be making 600 hp from the 12v with room to grow.

I Want To Do A Commonrail Cummins In My 02, And Keep The Allison Trans

Woodruff did one not that long ago and may be of assistance. Im working on putting an allison in too instead of using the nv4500.

Fleece has experience with the allison behind a cummins if I'm not mistaking. ;)

Yeah Thanks, I was looking at that, but i think ill talk to Fleece performance, i hear they have something a little simpler for the 12V/allison, If not then Ill check into that one again.

Woodruff did one not that long ago and may be of assistance. Im working on putting an allison in too instead of using the nv4500.

I have seen it and it's a beast Cummins Stickers always has people wondering.

Yeah I heard it was. I have cat decals on mine and it screws everyone up already.