12V into a CR truck

wally5096

Has anyone done this? What all issues did you run into? Thanks for the help!

It is very costly to do that.We looked into it for Overfueled be for that was done.

Because the first guy who originally did the P-pump Conversion on a CR makes and sells kits but doesnt return phone calls $.02

I didnt realize that... I have never looked into it.. It seems a p pumped cr would be the ticket with the better flowing 24 valve head, and pump that that will push some fuel..

I didnt realize that... I have never looked into it.. It seems a p pumped cr would be the ticket with the better flowing 24 valve head, and pump that that will push some fuel..

I agree it would be a nice setup if you had the knowledge to make a front cover and what not

Just look at John Robinson's funny car, forget the details but he did it, modded the cover in house.

Thinking that's the way I'm headed. Use a suncoast stand alone for the tranny.

There is an 03 running around hear with a 12V. Just had the convesion done about a month ago. Some Minanite community did it a county over from us. THey did kinda a sloppy job though. They still used the CR turbo and manifold, and the engine computer from the CR is just laying on top of the valve covers. BUt it does run good.

I contemplated it this winter, verses the rebuild of my cr. Another good reason is to cure the lousy valve seats in a 24v head.

If my 5.9 CR blows, I'm p-pumping a 6.7 for its replacement.

it will be some extensive work, but hopefully it will get done. I plan on having a fabricated intake manifold, fully ported head, custom timing case, cam, maxed out 12mm pump with a quick fill cam, with a ED S465 turbo and run it all in the 2.6 class. May get a 2.8 charger and run that class a time or 3. who knows.

It would be easier to p-pump the CR. The engine is only part of the problem. With the converted CR your gauges would still work without hassle, OEM power steering, A/C ect.

Because the first guy who originally did the P-pump Conversion on a CR makes and sells kits but doesnt return phone calls $.02
It wasn't that he wouldn't answer the phone. His phone would have service in the shop but wouldn't ring (thanks AT&T) I guess the new carrier doesn't have this problem. No guarantees though.

It wasn't that he wouldn't answer the phone. His phone would have service in the shop but wouldn't ring (thanks AT&T) I guess the new carrier doesn't have this problem. No guarantees though.

Im still trying to call him about a injection line...Ive left many detailed messages with my number and still no return call

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!