12V Pushrods...stock or not

JAS3+390

Got a quick question to you guys out there in the 12v world. Would it be a good idea to run heavy duty pushrods in a newly rebuilt motor thats lookin at 4kgsk, 90hp inj, s300, fire ringed and studded head and a pretty good pump advance??? Or is it possible the stock will be fine? Asking cuz in the tear down noticed I had two bent. Any suggestions???

They could have gotten bent by inproper install of the rocker standsare wasn't in the lifters when turned over for the fist time then fell in place.
Stock should be just fine.
Dale

to each their own but i personally (unless building for BIG power) would leave the stock push tubes in and use that as the weak link. i would rather bend a p-rod then have it hold and have the piston kiss the valve

but like i said, thats just me and my idea behind, some might agree with it, & others might swear by aftermarket push rods.

to each their own but i personally (unless building for BIG power) would leave the stock push tubes in and use that as the weak link. i would rather bend a p-rod then have it hold and have the piston kiss the valve

but like i said, thats just me and my idea behind, some might agree with it, & others might swear by aftermarket push rods.

Bingo, same here!

Jim

never thought about it that way, but it sounds good...

Very good point I never really thought of it like that either. Just got a new set of stock this morning so hopefully sooner than later I can finish putting the rest of the engine back together and start goin into the truck soon.

Josh

Back