12V Shortblock and more

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
I'm going to be freshening up and selling my pulling engine. The block is ready to go to the machine shop, the reason I'm advertising it now is to give a buyer the option to have me fill the block before we get past the point of being able to do that, and to give the option of installing cam bearings throughout.

I'm not really interested in parting it out. I would let it go as a un-assembled package, or assembled.

Shortblock consists of,
Typical 12V block, .010 over, front cam bearing only at this point, full cam bearings available for extra $. Radial fire ring grooves cut in block.

Standard 14mm ARP main studs.

Balanced 12V crank with gear welded on.

Hamilton 232/252 steel cam, bronze thrust, retainer, 24V tappets.

USA rods, polished, peened, stress relieved, A1 bolts.

Aries coated pistons, .210 deep EX relief, .260 deep IN relief. 70cc, they would be in the 12.5-13.5:1 range depending on valve depth.

Clevite main bearings, Cummins Bi-metal rod bearings.

P pump gear housing.

Shortblock price, $3500.00

Options.

Fill block, $100.00
Full Cam bearings, $500.00
Hamilton head package. Cracked between valves, but has been pressure tested at 50psi and does not leak. Will include valves, Hamilton springs and retainers, Extreme studs, fire ring head gasket. $2000.00
Rocker setup, 1.8:1 Hamilton roller rockers, early wide foot rocker stands, Hamilton pushrods. 1200.00

I'm not interested in parting it out. At minimum, the shortblock is for sale, and the remainder is available to go with it.

About the only useful pictures I have at this point is of a piston and the rockers.

image_zpsbojtj3ig.jpg

image_zpsnjmjfxot.jpg

image_zpscp1nhaw0.jpg

It's so pretty! Hopefully there's a Common rail in your future. :)

Not likely a CR in the near future for me. :) Taking a break from pulling for a while. Turning the tractor back into a farm tractor, and spending more time with the wife and kids. I will secretly be planning out my new alcohol tractor in the meantime. :evil

That printer doesn't have the best reviews on Amazon. I do like that it's got the scanner built in. Curious if the scanned point cloud will be stored in their proprietary format?

Back