12V steel pistons.. Is this too much to ask for?

TTCUMNS

Having a hard time finding a STEEL piston for a 12v application. Monotherms are common rail only and I cant find info on Mahle's Topweld piston which is a step up above the mono's

PLEASE HELP

NO OPINIONS PLEASE.... JUST A LOCATION ON STEEL PISTONS FOR A 12V

I suppose if you were set on steel you could have a set made out of some billet. Cha-Ching.

Don't think there are production ones.

If you read between the lines, you'll see a lot of the higher end 12v use shallow centered bowls. Or you could just go to a 24v head...

i talked to the engineer dude with Mahle, making a set of monotherms for the 12V with the offset bowl make the piston too heavy on one side and and would cause allot of wear on the heavy side of the cylinder wall. thats why they wouldnt make them. he recommended CR pistons even with a 12V head, said many people are doing it and it works for them

i talked to the engineer dude with Mahle, making a set of monotherms for the 12V with the offset bowl make the piston too heavy on one side and and would cause allot of wear on the heavy side of the cylinder wall. thats why they wouldnt make them. he recommended CR pistons even with a 12V head, said many people are doing it and it works for them

Yep.

Would you not be spraying outside the bowl? Or would you just make time adjustments or a tighter spray pattern? Or am I over thinking this? Lol

Would you not be spraying outside the bowl? Or would you just make time adjustments or a tighter spray pattern? Or am I over thinking this? Lol

Wider pattern and wider, more shallow bowl is the common way it's done.

Why do you need a steel 12v piston any way? Forged pistons hold 2500hp and well over 2000 degree egts.