12V swap

smokeycummins

what would it take to drop a 12 valve into a 2000 super duty?
I assume the kits you get from destroked are complete kits?
wire the starter and run fuel lines?

what trans would work well behind that NV-5600 or fords automatic
and what should be done to the motor before droping it in, head work, pump work, twins??? streetable-tow rig

any one experinced this, any help would be appreacited before I get my self into a mess. thanks

I would definately address your P/Pump (P7100 Injection Pump) before dropping it into the truck. With that I mean, Delivery valve upgrade, GSK (Governer Spring Kit) upgrade, AFC modifications, and depending on what pump you are getting, the rack travel mod (2095) rack plug. Head work such as O-rings and 12-14MM head studs would be easier out of the truck as well (more room to work). Do your homework and get some good injectors, then drop the complete motor into your Super Duty. You can then fire it up and tweak and tune on a good dyno.

Last edited:
I would ask Bags1010 he has already done a pretty saucy 12 valve in a 2000 F350 swap. maybe not much of a tow rig though

If you do, make sure to post pics! I would love to have a de-stroked Ford on some 35's. Good luck!

Iv put a 12V inmy 99 F-250. No one really makes a complete kit. There is just a bunch of little things you need to do yourself and it all depends on what tranny you put behind it and how you really want to make it fit. Deffinatley do fire rings and GSK's with it out of the truck. The rest can be done in the truck if you dont have the money now. I have mine set up and I did head studs and fire rings last week on mine and dit it all in the truck. But if you set the motor how Destroked has it set up you have to pull the motor to pull the head and head studs. If you have ??? just ask.

will the nv5600 bolt right up or do I need an adapter(s), how well does the shifter fit inside the cab?

But if you set the motor how Destroked has it set up you have to pull the motor to pull the head and head studs. If you have ??? just ask.

Does it set back to far and the firewall is in the way? Was it a tight fit with the intercooler,fan & radiator and that's why it sits back that far? can't you move the motor as far forward or back as needed? if the mounts came from destroked then they are really autoworld MT mounts. I know Scott makes the trans plates and such but he gets all the engine mounts from Dawna & Ken.

For you guys who have done it, what do you figure is a good $$ number? 12 valve into a Ford with an NV4500, if you already have the motor, trans, and truck. My Dodge is starting to rot out pretty quick and I was thinking about sticking them in a CC/SB Super Duty, then parting out the rest of the Dodge.

bigstacks95: I would assume if you can do all the work your self and got the parts needed from either ebay or destroked.com & autoworldmt.com that you would have around $1,600 that was including

engine mounts, A/C relocation kit, tach hookups, throttle cable, custom intercooler pipes, custom down pipe, re-cut driveshaf,fan shroud,radiator hoses, extra wires for sensors/fuel shut off solonoid, new battery cables,alternator etc...etc..etc..

For you guys who have done it, what do you figure is a good $$ number? 12 valve into a Ford with an NV4500, if you already have the motor, trans, and truck. My Dodge is starting to rot out pretty quick and I was thinking about sticking them in a CC/SB Super Duty, then parting out the rest of the Dodge.

Lets see here Im putting a 12 V in my 97 F350 but using a BTS E4OD

Trans adapter $800
Flex Plate $600
PCS tranny controller $$850
New style poly Motor Mounts $650(Yea I know thats crazy)
6.0 starter $225
a/c and alt brackets for ford stuff $250
ford tach kit $250
dual pulley and belts $200
valve cover w oil fill hole and access hole cover $60
95 12V engine with 46K on it $1000
alumnium intercooler 7.3 $200
Used head stud kit $200
Oil pan ,gasket , filters,cover gasket,misc. $250
4K gsk,AFC spring kit,head gasket kit,60 LB springs,rack plug $500
Camshaft $500
Machine work to head $350
Twins $3500
Injectors $900
Still need a pump and a few other misc things and Im at just about 11K right now.Hope to finish it for under 13K.:rockwoot:

Last edited: