12v timing tools

DieselAddiction

Looking for a set of timing tools, good used ones if possible at a good price. I know of the snap on ones, but want to see if anyone wants to part with theirs.

Thanks

good luck. I looked for quite a while and gave up. I bought a cheaper metric dial indicator, the snapon socket and the snapon indicator holder(It screws into where the delivery valve barrel goes). A good puller will get the pump gear off. I think I have a total of $90 in my setup.

Travis

If you get a oil pan drain plug, drill a hole in it for a 1" dial, you're set. Mount metric on top if you don't want to do conversions. A standard bar puller will work. Just need a DV socket and barring tool, and you're set. Excluding the barring tool (bought a Cummins tool set with it for $90), I've got about $50 in my set.

What Timing Do You Set It On For Racing,towing,daily Driven,just Trying To Fig. It Out

If you have the stock headgasket and bolts then no more than 16*.
If you are oringed and studded, you can go as high as you want.

Mine's Got Stud And Cosmtic Gasket But What Do You Set At Max Per. When I First Had My Done Alot Less Smoke I've Got 180p,370's,191dv,#4tst Plate And Mine Doesn't Smoke Like Most Of Alls On This Web And Everything Is Pushed Forward And Star Is Down So Whats Next And Only 40pds. Boost With A Stock Turbo

what oil drain plug? the same size that is in the truck now?

Anyone know of cheaper place to get the miller tools?

I read miller stopped making them and snap-on is the only one now.

Yes, a stock oil drain plug for our trucks work. I did the homemade set, It was more trouble than it was worth on my 215 pump. I just said screw it and bought the snapon set.