12v vs 24v

stovepipe22

alright guys i currently own the two trucks in my signature, i was one to be a daily driver and the other to be a truck that i pull with about 5 times a year, maybe drag race 5 times a year and just a hotrod of sorts. my question is should i just continue bombing the 24v or does it make more sence to sell the chips and build up the 12valve? what one is cheaper to build and what are some of the HP limitations, i would love to have the hot rod hit 700hp. I will NOT be using nitrous, water meth would be a possibility but not perfered. I rather a single but I will Probably need twins. just wondering keep on the 24v or build up the 12v?

Turn pump up on 12v=Free "chip." Use the 12v if you want to make it to that amount of power without as many headaches in my opinion. Just depends on how much money you feel like putting down.

Bryce

i think you will have a hard time making 700 with a vp either way your going to need a big single or twins and p pump doesnt make 700 hp worth of fuel free will have to send it to a pump shop to get balanced and tuned

I say work on the 12v, 700hp of fuel wouldn't be *too* terribly hard. Just some big 'ole injectors, big DV's, some RPM's and the pump being tuned on the bench should get it there. Add a big huffer turbo or twins and it should be reasonable with water meth. Don't forget a port and polish on the head while you have it off getting rings though! lol

Back