12valve swap

99builder

I have a 1999 dodge cummins with a 24valve that im going to swap a 1997 12valve engine.. Any advice, or things to look for?? Thanks

You can use the 24v wire harness but you'll have to get a 12v tps plug to splice in. I would also source a 12v throttle cable and tv cable. You can pm my buddy Jim (signal73) he has done it before with no issues.

I have a 1999 dodge cummins with a 24valve that im going to swap a 1997 12valve engine.. Any advice, or things to look for?? Thanks

The 99 ECM is going to need a signal for the crank position sensor which does not exist on the 12valve engines. Rewiring is going to be required.

The 99 ECM is going to need a signal for the crank position sensor which does not exist on the 12valve engines. Rewiring is going to be required.

He can machine the block and use a 24v crank.....thats what I did with my 99.

Well, i have also been thinking of jus p-pumping my truck?? What wld be the best?? Swap engines or jus put the good ol p-pump on my engine?

Cheaper to put the 12v in than to p-pump the 24v IMO. What is the reason behind swapping engines?

Cheaper to put the 12v in than to p-pump the 24v IMO. What is the reason behind swapping engines?

Im building another pulling truck, and i got 12v parts.. Wanting to get back to the mechanical pump instead of my electrical pump!