13mm vs bigger injectors

Cummins12v

im bored and want more power. Should i step up my injectors to a set of 5x22s or should i stay with 5x18s and do 13mm plungers. my 12mm pump i have now is a 911 maxed out.

You want the added injection rate of the 13mm pump. Made a big difference in my trucks ability to light turbos easier.

What is the truck going to be? Hot street toy or...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Ferrel diesel service once posted saying a 12mm with a big cam was faster than a 13mm with a stock cam. Could be wrong though

You want the added injection rate of the 13mm pump. Made a big difference in my trucks ability to light turbos easier.

What is the truck going to be? Hot street toy or...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a toy to rip around. Thanks for the advice. Who do you recommend? Darren Morrison did the pump I have now

I believe Ferrel diesel service once posted saying a 12mm with a big cam was faster than a 13mm with a stock cam. Could be wrong though

Below 400cc a 12mm b&p and v2.75 cam is faster than a 13mm b&p and 903 cam.

Above 400cc the 13mm and 903 cam is faster. At 600cc it is a lot faster.

Below 400cc a 12mm b&p and v2.75 cam is faster than a 13mm b&p and 903 cam.

Above 400cc the 13mm and 903 cam is faster. At 600cc it is a lot faster.

Thanks for clearing that up! I have never heard that before, but that’s great information to know :thankyou2:

i just had Seth build a 12mm with a 2.75. wonderful street pump, not a maximum effort kinda pump but loads better than your average 160.

Is there any reason to upgrade a cam in a 180 pump?

No, a 180 b&p doesn't lend itself well to quick rate cams- wrong LPC.

This answers your question. Can you justify having the cam replaced is the real question.

I should have said "certain" 12mm b&p with the v2.75 are faster- I won't say which one(s) because a lot of pump shops are too lazy to figure it out for themselves (so we'll continue having a leg up).

No, a 180 b&p doesn't lend itself well to quick rate cams- wrong LPC.

I should have said "certain" 12mm b&p with the v2.75 are faster- I won't say which one(s) because a lot of pump shops are too lazy to figure it out for themselves (so we'll continue having a leg up).

I was reading a bit between the lines.

So what I'm gathering here, in the P pump world, a 160/2.75 pump is pretty much the best thing there is for a sub 400cc street/towing truck?

Back