1480 yoke to 271 transfer case?

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
Well after breaking 2 241 LDL transfer cases this weekend I ordered a 271 with the bolt on flange on the output shaft. (The guy selling them said this would be a stronger setup for the same price) Where is the best place to find a 1480 bolt on yoke that will fit on this? And where is the best place to get the dana 80 pinion yoke in the 1480? I wish I would have just put this in to begin with as the cost of the dld's are the same as the 271's live and learn.
Thanks

Give Mark a call at Greensburg Machine in PA (724-837-8233), he has everything you need and great prices to boot. Lets say he knows his pulling trucks.

What size and wall thickness of driveshaft are you planning to use?

Jesse

Holy Cow! I just clicked on the link above to randy's and saw his price on the D80 1480 yoke. For that price I will drive up and hand deliver one to you...

Last edited:
I was thinking about going with the .093 thickness wall with the 1480 joints not sure on diameter just have to see what Mark says. Do you have a 1480 yoke that you are looking to get rid of? I will be going thru your area within the next week for work and would be interested in it.
Thanks
Jeff

No, I use it daily :hehe: Randy's price is just crazy.

I went with a 4" OD tube at 0.093". I would of went alittle thicker on the tube for insurance but I drive it on the street every day and the shafts get heavy quick.

I got my tube and had it all welded up at Egger Bros (just south of Johnson a little ways). The only downside was that they weren't able to balance the shafts (didn't have the right pieces to get it into their machine). However, I've tested them up to 120 mph and no vibrations, so I'm happy.

Well I just got off the phone with Randy's Ring and pinion and it ended up being $128 instead of $169 for the Dana 80 1480 yoke.

i could be wrong so don't shoot me it will just be a lost phone call but if i remember corectly it could save you some cash. Heavy Duty Parts in dayton ohio had my 1480 joint for less than 100$ give them i call theyre good people!!!