14mm studs...

wildmanben

Farmboy...
Whats all involved in switching to 14mm studs? Besides drilling and tapping block. Dowel pins? Head? Valve covers?

i think you have to do the same thing to the valve covers for the 14 as you do the 12's?

my valve covers fit fine, they are very tough to get to seal with the larger nutz on the studs. it is a PITA and takes time to get the gaskets lines up. block must be machined and tapped for 14mms and the head reamed out.

Why dont you look into the 12mm upgraded studs from ARP not the standard ones they have upgraded ones expensive but they work and no machining of anything and can torque them over 150 ft lbs.If you need a set give me a call

Ben, after I talked to you on the phone last night, I cuoldnt help but feel a little sorry for Josh!lol, I wish ya''ll were just a little closer, and I would lend any help I could,.... on that note, just stick some gorilla glue down the holes,throw your studs in slap the head on with more G-glue, and let itr sit for a few days!!!LOL
I heard of suff stuff simalar to JB weld, but 100 times stronger, I wonder if you could do something like that withfilling your holes, re-dril and tap, your holes, and slap your 12s in??, I know how badly he dont want to go with the 14MM but I really dont think there is much choice......
shawn

if you have already pulled a 12mm stud why take meat away and put in a 14mm, there is already a lack of material there.

12mm's do the job just fine.

Zach

if you have already pulled a 12mm stud why take meat away and put in a 14mm, there is already a lack of material there.

12mm's do the job just fine.

Thats the problem, the 12mms pulled out of the block!!!, seams there was a problem with sizing up the correct Helix-coils {they were needed after another problem showed up},, and the threads got taped a hair to big, and they pulled out!!!:bang , so now, he is lookin at his options as the engine is out of the truck now........

anyone want to buy a 12 valve?
we will know more by this weekend if the old girl lives or if she gets another gun shot wound

lol ................ drill that shizzit out and put in some 14mm!!!!!!!!!! (either its me or the whiskey talking) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance

Back