155cc towing injectors

spindrift

I'm in the process of studding the truck. In addition, I'll be installing a Stage 1 fuel lines and a fuel pressure gauge. I'm wondering if this would be the best time to install the 155s and adjust the tuning of my SCT. However, my wallet can't support the injector upgrade if it requires additional, supporting mods such as a regulated fuel system and a FASS or AirDog pump. I've been modding for reliability so if the 155s threaten that strategy, I won't do it. Additionally, if I'm spending money on an injector upgrade, and additional mods are necessary to get all the benefit from the injectors (which I can't afford right now), is it worth while?

I am pretty sure you should get a fass or AD. You should also get rid of the egr while your at it.

I know a guy who ran 190cc injectors on stock fuel system for a long time. In my opinion you should be fine with 155cc until you can afford a fass or air dog and other fuel mods. 155cc injectors really arent that much bigger than stock. That same guy still has a stock turbo also.

i would at least get a regulated return. probably a fuel pressure gauge too. i know i could drag my stock pump down on stock sticks. as long as the tune isnt too aggressive you could get by. only thing you will hurt its your injectors and your wallet lol.

I wouldn't risk running larger injectors with the stock pump. Some trucks cant seem to keep fuel going to stock injectors with aggressive tuning.

Run it for a while with your fuel pressure gauge and see what happens. That is a very wise investment. I think I'm putting one of those on my truck next.

Yea that's why i am getting all supporting mods done first it's not worth starvin the injectors of fuel.

I've spoken with four vendors and each vendor has said that my set-up will support 155s. :confused: And one vendor has said that most 155s on the market don't actually flow 155cc of fuel. Apparently our stock "135s" only flow about 110cc. My truck has 85K on the clock and pulls a 12k travel travel. I've had absolutely no problems with the stock sticks.