16.5 wheels on a 2500?

southernsmoke

Anybody out there running a 16.5 wheel on one of these trucks? Im considering getting a set of 12 bolt h1 military take offs recenterd to 8x6.5 to run on my rig (rubbers stupid cheap for them) run them on my old 1/2 ton ford but not sure if the 16.5 will fit on the chummins. Any input?

They will work. Have to grind down the calipers a bit but it's perfectly safe and no big deal, just grind a little and test fit till you get it right.

Here's my 04 with 16.5's and 37" Humvee tires.
Picture014.jpg

Was fixing to list them for sale also. If interested let me know and I'll sell the front calipers with them also. They are Weld 16.5x10's

rears are disks also, takes a little grinding also but not as much as the fronts

Those wheels look like they have alot of offset. I would think different wheels might require different grinding amounts.

I have a set of mickey t's classic 16.5x12s with 33 bfg's I put on my 96 but they came off a 03 and like said before only took very little grinding

Those wheels look like they have alot of offset. I would think different wheels might require different grinding amounts.

Yeah they've got a pretty good bit, tire stuck out of the fender about 3/4-1" honestly I'd have to go out there and measure them to see what backspace and offset was.

As for grinding amount I definitely agree. I'm pretty sure these required more than say a steel wheel would being they have to be a little thicker in order to accommodate the loaded weight requirement.

Just have to be careful if you static balance the tires. The minimal clearance between the caliper and the wheel will make it impossible to put wheel weights on the inside of the rim.