180-215 pump questions

jon28

hey guys the current pump on my truck is a 180 and i may be buying a 215 887 i know my plate will work will my gsk? and with everything in my signature will i pick up a good lil bit more hp or should i stay with my 180?

thanks guys,
Jon

ohh and timing is still stock thought a guy changed it and i found out he has not so teruck goes for timing monday morning and thoughts on wut to have it set at

the gov. springs will work but for the mods you have now or even with 100hp injectors the 180 pump will be fine. take the plate out and put a mack plug in it. you will have a lot of fuel then.

I wouldn't replace a working 180 with a 215.

Not at the level you are at least.

would maybe having my 180 bench set make some difference i mean truck runs great and strong as an ox just look for some more and was curious

Having a good shop work on it would make a difference. But there is still more you could do with a little playing and reading on here.

well i know i got a good shop here for the work there doing the timing monday its turbo diesel injection here in indy and they have been very helpful just like all the guys here have but thanks displaced :)

No problem.

I was hoping that the suggestion to read on here and play with your pump would not come across as unhelpful.

But I know that you could get a fair bit more out of your truck with a rack plug, a modded AFC and some tuning. Tuning really does make a huge difference on a 12v.

take the plate out and search afc mods. maybe an hour of your time for a big difference!

ya i've read about moving afc and finding sweet spot on plat and i have been tuning with starwheel and took alot of smoke out for more performacne so i really appreciate all the help guys
-jon