1950 International harvester L-110

WILD_PHIL

I have wanted to do a ratrod project for along time now. I have always looked for that great deal on one but never really seen one. That is until I seen this one. Found it on craigslist in S. OK for 1500 bucks. Runs, drives, tagged and inspected all original(missing the bed) and needing to be recreated really bad. lol Turns out it had been on the market for a while but the guy just couldnt get rid of it. I mean like I said I had been looking for one for a while. Your gonna spend 1000 to 2000 on a rusted beat up POS unless you find that cant pass up deal. So 1075.00 bucks later it was delivered to my moms house since she lives the closest to S. OK. Im set to return to the states from Iraq Dec. in a few weeks and cant wait to tear in to it. As it is right now the plan is to buy a OBS PSD, strip the body off the PSD and put the IH cab and front clip on it. I figured International makes the Powerstroke so why not give the IH a PSD, right? A lot of the ratrod/ hot rod builders normally do these cab over projects anyhow so they get PS, PB, and all that good stuff. So this is what im starting with and plan to keep yall updated once I get started on it. Let me know what yall think!
L110.jpg
interior1.jpg
rearviewih.jpg
tres.jpg

I saw one of these on Ebay with a Detroit in it. It was pretty cool.Rich.

Neat old truck... Not a fan of PS's, but I understand keeping with the IH theme. IMO a 4bt Cummins would be cool too :D

Thanks Flag. I have been told to put a cummins in it 1k times. lol Every body is doing the cummins conversion tho. I like to keep it some what original and having a theme behind it aint bad either.

No that was about a year ago .It was cool but it had very little interior room after the firewall was remodeled for the Detroit. Rich

If you do a IH do the 6.4 ..especially since you won't need any emissions stuff ..so it will be stripped,, even run your own turbo setup etc.. big easy power with lots of durability.
stay a way from the 6.0L: use a 7.3L or 6.4L ..I think the 6.4 seems beefier.
just my opinion,
Good Luck, and thanks for your Service!
Deo

Yeah I would love to run a 6.4 but I dont have the funds for it. Its going to be a 7.3 for sure because they are the easiest to find in my price range. Im going to throw a for sale sign on it just to see. I listed it on ebay twice but only got offers that met what I paid for it. Id like to make alil money off of it, or I might as well just keep it IMO.

Instead of all that electronicy stuff, what about a DT360? It would be pure IH blood, and all mekanikal.